Open Books is seeking a Book Donation Coordinator to join our team and help maintain and grow our incoming book donations and online sales.
REPORTING STRUCTURE: The Book Donation Coordinator reports to Denise Wilkerson, Book Operations Manager and Ryan Jackson, Operations Director.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES: The primary responsibilities include:
- Driving the Open Books Booksmobile (a cargo van) for pick ups of book donations from individuals, businesses and our Drop Bins.
- Driving the Open Books Booksmobile to deliver packages to the Post Office, as well as other miscellaneous deliveries.
- Loading, unloading, and processing book donations for book granting, online, and in store sales.
- Contributing to revenue generation through the listing, managing, and processing of online book sales.
- Helping to create and execute plans to sort, organize, move, and sell book inventory for all current and future stores.
- Helping to ensure the overall health, vitality, and positive morale of Open Books.
- May require occasional weekend and evening hours.
- Driver’s license in good standing
- Ability for heavy lifting (up to 60 lbs)
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Proficient with Google Suites (Gmail, Drive, Forms, Docs, Sheets, etc)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Motivated, innovative, and enthusiastic about Open Books’ mission and programs
EMPLOYMENT STATUS, SALARY, AND BENEFITS: This is a part time position consisting of 24 hours/week.
- Hourly wage commensurate with experience
- 25% off all book purchases + free books each month at Open Books West Loop
Submit cover letter and resume to [email protected] no later than September 21, 2017.
No current jobs available. Please check back later! Thanks!
The program team at Open Books, which operates out of our West Loop office and throughout the city, welcomes applications from interested candidates to join us as a Literacy Intern. The Literacy Intern will have the unique opportunity to work directly with youth and volunteers in our literacy programs and will gain valuable experience working with a vibrant and energetic literacy and creative writing nonprofit.