No current jobs available. Please check back later! Thanks!
The program team at Open Books, which operates out of our West Loop office and throughout the city, welcomes applications from interested candidates to join us as a Literacy Intern. The Literacy Intern will have the unique opportunity to work directly with youth and volunteers in our literacy programs and will gain valuable experience working with a vibrant and energetic literacy and creative writing nonprofit.
Open Books is always looking for passionate, enthusiastic lovers of literacy to join our team. See if there’s a place that’s right for you!
BOOK DONATION COORDINATOR
Open Books is seeking a Book Donation Coordinator to join our team and help maintain and grow our incoming book donations and online sales.
REPORTING STRUCTURE: The Book Donation Coordinator reports to Denise Wilkerson, Operations Manager, and Ryan Jackson, Operations Director.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES: The primary responsibilities include:
- Scheduling Book Donation intake and any auxiliary logistical needs of Open Books.
- Maintaining record keeping with concern to Book Donations.
- Driving the Open Books Booksmobile (a cargo van) for pick ups of book donations from individuals, businesses, and our Drop Bins.
- Driving the Open Books Booksmobile to deliver packages to the Post Office, as well as other miscellaneous deliveries as necessary.
- Loading, unloading, and processing book donations for book granting, online, and in store sales.
- Contributing to revenue generation through the listing and processing of online book sales.
- Helping to create and execute plans to sort, organize, and sell book inventory for all current and future stores.
- Helping to ensure the overall health, vitality, and positive morale of Open Books.
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Proficient with Google Suites (Gmail, Drive, Forms, Docs, Sheets, etc.)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Motivated and enthusiastic about Open Books’ mission and programs
- Driver’s license in good standing
- Ability for heavy lifting (up to 60 lbs.)
- May require occasional weekend and evening hours.
EMPLOYMENT STATUS, SALARY, AND BENEFITS: This is a full-time, salaried entry-level position with compensation dependent on experience. Benefits include:
- Competitive benefits package
- 21 days of paid time off per year
- 25% off all book purchases + free books each month at Open Books West Loop
To apply: Submit cover letter and resume to [email protected] no later than February 26, 2018.