Inspiring Confident Readers
Creating Published Authors
Giving Away Books
Supporting Our Stores
We Couldn't Do It Without Volunteers
Volunteering on See Chicago TV
To get started as a volunteer, please join us for a new volunteer information session! We will be hosting them around Chicago in all of our neighborhood partners.
- For August 22 at 10am at Chicago Hope Cafe, click here to register
- For August 26 at 10am at Open Books West Loop, click here to register
- For August 27 at 10am at Nighthawk Chicago in Albany Park, click here to register
- For August 28 at 2pm at Step Down Cafe in Pilsen, click here to register
- For September 7 at 1pm at Open Books Pilsen, click here to register
- For September 10 at 10am at The Bridge Cafe in East Garfield Park, click here to register
- For September 12 at 11am at Bungalow by Middle Brow, click here to register
- Coach 1-2 elementary school students in our Reading Buddies program for an entire semester!
- Volunteer reading coaches venture out into the city to a school site twice each week, for an hour each day.
- Coach students of all ages as they develop and build confidence around the skill of writing!
- Join our school-based ReadThenWrite program and commit to an 8 week session with the same students, or coach in our Creative Writing Workshops 2-3 times per month with different students each time.
- Join one of our in-school volunteer corps, or coach at our West Loop location!