What is North Lawndale Reads?
North Lawndale Reads is an ongoing multi-strategy campaign designed to increase the literacy of all residents in North Lawndale.
- Community Events and Engagement – engaging the community in fun and informational programming and events
- Placemaking – creating spaces for book access and reading
- Pro-literacy messaging – saturating the neighborhood with literacy tips
- To increase the number of prenatal-to-5 children in North Lawndale who are school-ready when they enter Kindergarten
- To increase the number of students in North Lawndale who meet or exceed grade-level reading benchmarks
- To increase community cohesion through literacy experiences
Check out Open Books' programs happening in North Lawndale
Little Free Libraries
Check out these great literacy resources for Parents, PreK, and Grades 1-12!