COVID-19 Response from Open Books
Dear Friends of Open Books,
In response to the evolving situation of the COVID-19 outbreak, specifically the decision by Governor Pritzker and the State of Illinois to close all schools in the state, including Chicago Public Schools, we are closing our West Loop and Pilsen bookstores effective Monday, March 16, through April 7, 2020.
During this unprecedented time, you can continue to support Open Books in the following ways:
- Shop on-line at shopwestloop.open-books.org/; we will continue to fulfill orders during this time.
- We are offering free shipping for all orders over $10.
- We are suspending our book pick ups for the same time period.
- Donate books without person to person contact by using the drop bins in the alley immediately behind the West Loop bookstore or on the corner of Halsted and Superior, or though the book donation slot on the north side of Open Books Pilsen.
- Follow us on Instagram (West Loop and Pilsen), Facebook, and Twitter for further updates.
As we navigate these uncertain times, we remain committed to serving our friends as best we can while putting the safety of everyone involved first. We believe in the power of books, for instruction, introspection, and perspective, and hope we can continue to provide those resources.
The Open Books Team