Thank you for your interest in partnering with Open Books!
Expand your brand and boost employee engagement by partnering with Open Books! We offer a variety of opportunities for corporate groups to support literacy:
Run A Book Drive
Open Books is always in need of high quality used books to support our stores, programs, and book grants! Check out these steps below to run your book drive:
- Pick dates and a place – we recommend running your book drive for 2-4 weeks, or coordinating it with an event if you have enough lead time. We will happily provide boxes to help with your collecting!
- Spread the word!
- Drop your books off, or arrange to have us pick them up!
To learn more about running a book drive for us, check out The Book Drive Book (.pdf)!
Become a Corporate Sponsor
Whether your company would like to make a donation or become a sponsor of Open Books, you will help us transform lives through reading, writing, and the GIVING power of used books. Just a few of the benefits and opportunities we offer are listed below:
- Expand your brand by getting your company name in front of thousands of Chicagoans.
- Access exclusive sponsorship benefits and recognition.
- Sponsor our in-store Storytime program that brings together parents, caretakers, and pre-readers, and engages them in stories, songs, and games.
- Grab a team and compete in our famous bookcase decorating competition and bar night! Sponsors of Make The Case also receive exclusive event benefits.
For more information on becoming a sponsor, please contact Eric Johnson at [email protected].
Volunteer as a Writing Coach
- No previous experience working with students or writing necessary!
- Volunteer writing coaches support students of all ages as they develop and build confidence in creative writing.
- Available most Tuesday – Friday mornings from 9:30am – 12:30pm during the school year at our West Loop Bookstore (651 W. Lake St). Workshop schedule varies based on time of year and when schools have booked their trips. Workshops are not available during school breaks.
- Available to groups with 2-20 volunteers!
Volunteer at our West Loop Store
- Satisfy your inner book nerd by sorting, shelving, and mailing donated books from our award-winning bookstore!
- No previous experience necessary!
- Bookstore shift schedule varies based on time of year and when events/sales take place.
- Available to groups with 2-15 volunteers!