Buy Books to Build Home Libraries for Under-Resourced Chicago Children.
- With schools and libraries currently closed, and with Chicago Public Schools encouraging independent reading time, building at home libraries is vital to children’s success now more than ever.
- 61% of low-income families have no books at all in their homes for children.
- Approximately 1 in 3 students on the South and West Sides of Chicago lack broadband access to participate in virtual learning.
- Every book that you buy from this list will be distributed to Chicago kids in under-resourced communities via CPS meal distribution and community partners. Simply place the order and the book will be shipped to Open Books for distribution.
- All proceeds benefit our Book Granting program to get even more books into kids’ hands.
- Two different ways to donate–choose the option that moves you most.
Option A: Make a general donation for a new book at only $3 per book. Adjust the quantity in your cart for the most impact.
$3 for a New Book!$3.00
Option B: Choose your favorites from the curated list of highly engaging, culturally relevant titles below: